How does Farmers and Merchants Bank protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Farmers and Merchants Bank collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account
- Apply for a loan
- Give us your contact information
- Make a wire transfer
- Show your driver’s license
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under State Law.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Farmers and Merchants Bank does not share with our affiliates
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
• Farmers and Merchants Bank does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Farmers and Merchants Bank doesn’t jointly market.
| Other Important Information
For Maryland Customers. We will not share personal information with non-affiliates either for them to market to you or for joint marketing – without your authorization.